Re: [squid-users] Purging cached web objects

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 09:03:44 +1200

jmaan_at_nits.ac.in wrote:
> This message has been scanned by IMSS NIT-Silchar
>

> At this juncture I would like to know, is it customary thing fopr getiing
> web objects dumped in the cache. And if nt removed in time can take whole
> space of that partition ?

Don't quite understand. It's normal for objects to be stored. They only
get cleared if space runs out or

> if so do let me know too, how to purge them by sensitivly choosing oonly
> those unwanted objects ?

done automatically.

> Are they normally in the path /home/squid or any other defined path ?

any defined path.
see cache_dir
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/cfgman/cache_dir.html
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/cfgman/cache_dir.html

> This is important that the system administrator does all these
> maintainenance jobs ?

no squid does them.

jmaan, a lot of these questions are very basic. Have you read the FAQ
about operating and configuring Squid?
    http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq

Amos