[squid-users] Squid for windows stops working

From: Gustavo Lazarte <glazarte_at_hurdit.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:16:09 -0400

Hello,

I am using Squid 2.5 for Windows and last week it stopped working. We are using this server for Image Caching our web site( meaning all the .jpg and .gif request go to the Squid server). Before I turn it back on I would like to know Why the HTTP Engine stopped working. Where should I look first? (I tried /log/cache/ and the event viewer) The HTTP engine on Squid HTTP engine stopped working last week according to our monitoring tool and after manually testing the Squid Cache. Also I would like to know if there are ways to improve the performance of the Squid Cache as image server. Currently is been performing slower than our regular web servers.

Thanks

Gustavo Lazarte