Re: [squid-users] Caching big files ...

From: Tim Bates <tin_at_new-life.org.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:25:45 +1000

Ramiro Sabastta wrote:
> I configured a cache of 100Gb on disk with aufs.
> My max size of cache file configured is 50Mb. I note than the most
> visited site is the update sites (windows update, symantec update,
> etc) and this sites go direct always because download files bigger
> than 50Mb.
> Can I configure the squid to force to include in the cache this files?
You could simply bump up the max cached object size, couldn't you?
That's the quick fix for extra large files ;-)

But I suspect your problem may actually be related to Windows Update and
some others being uncachable by default. There are tricks to making it
work. Best reference to making it work that I could quickly find was
this one:
*http://tinyurl.com/5eypdk

TB
*