Re: [squid-users] Re: bad file caching

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:48:13 -0800

Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
> Chris Robertson wrote:
>>
>> Is this file changed daily?
>
> Yep. Sometimes faster.

Huh... The refresh patterns are default. If the file was changed 24
hours ago, the refresh pattern would mark it fresh for less than 5 hours.

>> The default refresh_patterns will not keep an object (without expiry
>> information) cached for more than three days.
>
> I'm just curios, maybe some other headers can trigger that? Like
> negative ETag?

An ETag is just required to be a quoted string
(http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.11). That
shouldn't cause problems.

>>> I'm just trying to understand is this some flaw in my config or it
>>> just should work this way.
>>
>> It should not work this way by default... Share your config, and
>> perhaps we can help find the cause.
>
> Attached.

Nothing odd there. Just to verify, is this the conf file from
utwig.xim.biz?

Henrik, Amos or someone else more knowledgeable than I, what are the
debug_options to look at object age calculation? My bag of tricks is
pretty much depleted...

Chris