Re: [squid-users] squid in ISP

From: mimbanis <mimbanis_at_bbnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:17:55 -0700 (PDT)

"We loaded squid on a quad core linux box with around 1.2Tb disk
capacity and 32Gb RAM, using a Cisco 4948 switch and WCCP2
to transparently redirect to Squid.
There were some major hurdles along the way
mostly getting the 4948 to pass the L2 WCCP traffic -
2 IOS bugs and a year in the process) but once that worked
and we got our IPTABLES set up properly, transparent redirection
has been working quite well."

As a side query does the transparent redirection with WCCP have the proxy IP
visible to the world or the originating client? e.g. if the client goes to a
site along the lines of whatismyip.com will it show their address or that of
the proxy.

Cheers
Simon