[squid-users] Getting users logins into access.log using transparent mode. Strange but true.

From: Andrew Denley <Andrew.Denley_at_codeblue.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 12:50:32 +1200

Hi All,

Firstly I know that you can't use auth (NO WAY UH HUH!) with transparent
but I am wondering if it possible (even a little bit) to get the browser
to present usernames in the logs so when we generate reports we can get
typically "who" went to what site rather than "what" went to this site.

This is for those management type people who don't understand machine or
IP addresses. They tend to flap arms and make silly noises when
confronted with IP address information and host names don't seem to help
the situation...

Other than that Squid 2 is very nice.... :-) thank you for your time...

Cheers

Andy Denley
Senior Systems Engineer
Codeblue (http://www.codeblue.co.nz)