Re: [squid-users] compiling squid error on windows

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 01:46:36 +1200

Dooda Dave wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I've downloaded squid3.0 stable 8 and am trying to compile it on
> windows 2003. however, i hit an error when starting to run "make." the
> error is as below:
>
> Administrator_at_mycomputer /cygdrive/c/squid-3.0.STABLE8
> $ make
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
>
> I couldn't really get help from google at all. Hope some of you may
> have encountered the same problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Dooda

3.0 has no official windows support. What is there is very, very
experimental, and while improving slowly. Guido is the only one with a
proper MS devel install to test stuff, and he is still working on both
squid versions. If you are able to help at all, thank you.

3.x windows issues had probably best go to squid-dev.

Anyway,

I'm very not sure of this, so make a backup copy of your squid code
files before trying.

... but ... you probably need to run ./configure to generate the
makefiles for your system.

Amos