Re: [squid-users] wccp working config example

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:47:37 +1200 (NZST)

> Hello,
>
> I have spent all day working on trying to get a working wccp config
> with squid and a 2811 router running (C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M),
> Version 12.4(21)
>
> I have had it working before with a 2621 router running a 12.3 ios.
>
> I have read about 20 different posts/blogs with various different
> instructions. If anyone has any configuration example or instruction
> list that is complete for a certain version of squid/linux/ios I would
> like to give it a try.

WCCP is a little tricky as there are three parts to the config and all
three are completely interchangeable depending on the hardware and squid
release involved.

We are building a section in the config examples wiki pages to help
though. http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept
The two pieces currently there already for WCCPv2 combine to a working
config Cisco->FreeBSD for reference. Some older examples not yet checked
and cleaned up are in http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples with Wccp
in their names.

If you get the config for your router going I'd be interested in adding
the bits for future reference.

Amos