[squid-users] Interception caching problems

From: Jason Cosby <sky_jason_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 00:35:08 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I solved my DNS problems. BIND was in fact killing squid with it's errors (IPC can be a PITA sometimes). pdnsd is working great.

I have verified that the 3128 redirect command is working. Accessing the server from a Linux client with lynx shows the hits in cache.log. lynx follows the standards. I still do not have IE7 or Firefox hitting the cache, though. I feel a little odd asking this, as I'm positive that there are thousands out there with these two browsers working just fine on redirect, but apparently I need to sniff out every port that either browser ever uses for regular TCP requests and redirect those. Does anyone know what those ports are? I could eventually find out, but it would take a good chunk of time (that I don't have) with tcpdump.

Thanks for any help.