[squid-users] Cache problem- should i remove the cache In doing so will it be recrated once gain ?

From: <jmaan_at_nits.ac.in>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 19:53:23 -0400 (EDT)

This message has been scanned by IMSS NIT-Silchar

Dear ALL SQUID USERS,

I am not an expert in squid. However I have observed that in my squid
cache (proxy server) used for students to surf the internet shows very
little space in the /var partition. It is alwayz almost 93%. That makes
the squid server diffcult to run too at times.

May I know from you all how to resolve this problem permanently ?

Should I delete the squid directory to remove the present cache to remove
the cache stored in the /var partition. or will it hamper my proxy server
?

Do give some pointers ? I have definite;y did my home work but then I a
new to squid, in no case I would like to re-work in installing and
re-configuring the squid ?

Thanking you all, in advance,

jmaan

Thanks & Regards
Jyotishmaan Ray
Computer Center,NITS
National Institute of Technology Silchar
Assam, INDIA
Pin - 788 010
Tele: 0091-3842-233179
Fax: 0091-3842-233797