Re: [squid-users] "Java Streaming"? WTF?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 01:40:16 +1200

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> One of our users is forwarding a document to me, some abominable Java
> application can use a proxy IFF
>
> "Java Streaming is activated in the proxy"
>
> W-T-F? What is "Java Streaming"?
>
> Running Squid 2.7 STABLE3 on Debian, do I have "Java Streaming"
> activated?

Sounds like you have the same problem as we face here daily. Anything
further to go on, app name etc.?

Depends on which type of Java streaming they mean, google brings up
mention of three types.

a) streaming multimedia with a java app (the usual video->media player)

b) java app 'streaming' its objects to some destination as binary globs
on custom ports.

c) java streaming binary globs through a web proxy.

Of all those Squid can do (c).

Amos