[squid-users] running squid on VERY low-end devices

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:16:14 -0300

    Hello,

    I'm successfully running squid on a VERY low end device, a
routerboard RB450. It's a 64Mb flash disk and 32Mb RAM device. Squid is
running, no problem on that. I'm using OpenWRT for that.

    I really dont want squid to cache anything, in disk and in memory. I
just want squid for allowing me internet control, through ACLs, and
logging. I have already done:

cache_dir null /tmp

# TAG: maximum_object_size_in_memory (bytes)
# Objects greater than this size will not be attempted to kept in
# the memory cache.
maximum_object_size_in_memory 0 KB

    is this enough for COMPLETLY disabling caching in squid, or should i
configure anything else ?

    Thanks.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,