Re: [squid-users] running squid on VERY low-end devices

From: John Doe <jdmls_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:22:25 -0700 (PDT)

> Nice John, thanks very much for that !! Got it compiled and
> running, no problem. Anyway, i found interesting that squid is
> reporting a high average service time for this do-almost-nothing
> external ACL (from cachemgr.cgi, external acl stats):
> any hint on that ???

Did you compare with the perl version...?

First, try it from the shell...
Tested without the while loop and it looks fast (on my workstation):
  real 0m0.001s
  user 0m0.000s
  sys 0m0.001s
With one fgets, I get in the worst case:
  real 0m0.002s
  user 0m0.000s
  sys 0m0.002s

If it is also fast, maybe it is the fflush that is slow...

JD