Re: [squid-users] squid and blackberry site

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:27:34 +1200 (NZST)

> Dont know if this is the right place to post this or not but here goes...
>
> I've been running squid with squidguard for years although I wouldn't
> consider myself an expert at all. I'm currently running ubuntu 8.04 and
> squid 2.6 and I was wondering if anyone knew why I can't access this page:
>
> http://swdownload-us.rim.com.edgesuite.net/swdownloads/Desktop%20Software%20v4.3%20(English).exe?__dlmt__=1222136063_5cbcc844910109676a65bee8386e21a8&ext=.exe
>
> When I try I get this error message:
>
> You don't have permission to access
> "http://swdownload-us.rim.com.edgesuite.net/swdownloads/Desktop%20Software%20v4.3%20(English).exe?"
> on this server.
>
> And you can see there that it is trimming everything off the url after the
> "?".
>
> At first I thought it was the underscores but then I found that I can go
> other sites with underscores. So I can't figure it out.
>
> Also the site is for downloading the blackberry desktop software and I can
> get to it if I dont go through the proxy.
>
> Any ideas?

First thing would be to track down whether it's squid producing the
message or the web server. There should be a page footer saying which
machine.

If its the web server there is some configuration needed to pass the
authentication on.

If it's squid there is some ACL tweaking to get right. Absence of the
query-string in the error message should not be a problem as long as its
only stripped on displays, not on the request relayed to web server.

Amos