Re: [squid-users] Allowing web page access

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:46:14 +1200 (NZST)

> Hi - I currently use squid (3.0 stable 1) as a web proxy for my internal
> home network. Among other things, it denies website access from my
> daughter's computer to anything other than specific domains I allow, using
> acl dstdomain statements. This works great.
>
> In addition to continuing to do that, I now want to allow her to access
> specific webpages as well. Her teacher maintains a class website on
> angelfire.com, and I don't want to add that entire domain - just the
> teacher's page, and all pages subordinate to it.
>
> I've been poring through the documents, and I can't seem to easily figure
> out how to do that. Please, take pity and drop hints.

 "url_regex" or "urlpath_regex" in
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/cgman/acl.html

ie, put this (with changes) above the lines which deny her access.

  acl angelfire dstdomain .angelfire.com
  acl teacher_site urlpath_regex /folder/.*
  http_access allow daughterpc angelfire teacher_site

I'd also advise you to upgrade the squid to something at least 3.0.STABLE7.

Amos