Re: [squid-users] upgrade process

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:54:49 +1200 (NZST)

> Is there a way to use squid to block access to our site from specific IP
> addresses?? So that they get redirected elsewhere or something like that?
> We use a python redirector to handle virtual hosting and then squid
> decides which of two zope clients gets the request. Just not sure where
> to put something like this.

Blocking is easy.
Just add an ACL which lists the IPs and an "http_access deny theACLname".
It goes above the http_access lines for allowing access to the peer domains.

On the side, you would do much better to change the python redirector to a
external_acl_type helper for access to each peer and make the zope servers
accept the public URL people are requesting. Particularly since you only
have two back-end peers it should be easy.

It solves so many bugs that redirection by its nature causes. External ACL
also adds concurrency support and has a small cache associated, to reduce
helper load.

Amos