[squid-users] help with page faults

From: Nick Duda <nduda_at_VistaPrint.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 07:56:03 -0400

What is the best way for me to figure out why every week Squid seems to spike on page faults causing everyone that is using the proxy server to experience slow browsing habits until the squid process is re-cycled. I run SNMP monitoring against squid and use the cacti squid templates so I know when page faults happen.

I use squid 2.6 stable19. Pretty standard install. Runs on RHEL

Regards,
Nick Duda