Re: [squid-users] running squid on VERY low-end devices

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:40:06 -0300

John Doe escreveu:
>> anyway, i would love to see something similar in C that could be compiled
>> and run with less memory than perl requires .... unfortunelly i cant code even a
>> 'hello world' in C !!! But i'll try that ..... shouldnt be too difficult.
>>

> Here's a basic C example:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <time.h>
>
> #define INPUTSIZE 256
>
> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
>
> char input[INPUTSIZE];
> char *cp;
> struct tm *local;
> time_t t;
> int year;
>
> while (fgets(input, sizeof(input), stdin)) {
> t = time(NULL);
> local = localtime(&t);
> year = local->tm_year + 1900;
> if (year < 2008) { printf("ERR\n"); } else { printf("OK\n"); }
> fflush(stdout);
> }
>
> }
>
> JD
>
> PS: I put a "small" INPUTSIZE and do not check for overflow...

    Nice John, thanks very much for that !! Got it compiled and running,
no problem. Anyway, i found interesting that squid is reporting a high
average service time for this do-almost-nothing external ACL (from
cachemgr.cgi, external acl stats):

External ACL Statistics: verifica-ano
Cache size: 7
program: /etc/squid/verifica-ano
number running: 3 of 3
requests sent: 269
replies received: 269
queue length: 0
---> avg service time: 263.38 msec

    from other machine, which uses squid_ldap_group as external acl, i have:

External ACL Statistics: ldap_group
Cache size: 965
program: /usr/bin/squid_ldap_group
number running: 5 of 5
requests sent: 6991
replies received: 6991
queue length: 0
---> avg service time: 8.26 msec

    The second one, as i told, does LDAP connections and stuff, and is
running pretty fast.

    i would expect the check-year to run faster, despite the fact it's
working just fine !!!

    any hint on that ???

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,