RE: [squid-users] Insert Header or Footer into retrieved pages?

From: Rodre Ghorashi-Zadeh <rodrico7_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:26:32 -0700

Hello,

ICAP solution seems good, however there are no open source/GPL icap servers out there, except for the the one at http://icap-server.sourceforge.net , which hasn't been maintained since 2002 and is based on Python 2.1. I downloaded and installed/set it up and although I could put requests through it, it wasn't modifying the responses by injecting the .gif URL. Has anyone been able to get this working? Does anyone know where I can get the "reference" icap server mentioned here: http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ICAP with a 404 URL of http://www.icap-forum.org/spec/icap-server10.tar.gz ? Can someone offer up a different solution to just inject a simple html header into the pages returned via the squid proxy?

~Rodre