RE: [squid-users] Insert Header or Footer into retrieved pages?

From: Rodre Ghorashi-Zadeh <>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:26:32 -0700

ICAP solution seems good, however there are no open source/GPL icap servers out there, except for the the one at , which hasn't been maintained since 2002 and is based on Python 2.1. I downloaded and installed/set it up and although I could put requests through it, it wasn't modifying the responses by injecting the .gif URL. Has anyone been able to get this working? Does anyone know where I can get the "reference" icap server mentioned here: with a 404 URL of ? Can someone offer up a different solution to just inject a simple html header into the pages returned via the squid proxy?