Re: [squid-users] Why single thread?

From: Dave Dykstra <dwd_at_fnal.gov>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 11:35:49 -0500

Meanwhile the '-I' option to squid makes it possible to run multiple
squids serving the same port on the same machine, so you can make use of
more CPUs. I've got scripts surrounding squid startups to take
advantage of that. Let me know if you're interested in having them.
Currently I run a couple machines using 2 squids each on 2 bonded
gigabit interfaces in order to get over 200 Mbytes/second throughput.

- Dave