Re: [squid-users] Why single thread?

From: Dave Dykstra <dwd_at_fnal.gov>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:47:17 -0500

Marcin,

In my case all of the data being sent out was small enough and
repetitive enough to be in the Linux filesystem cache. That's where I
found the best throughput. I think the typical size of the data items
were about 8-30MBytes. It was a regular Linux ext3 filesystem. The
machine happens to have been a dual dual-core 64-bit 2Ghz Opteron,
although I saw some Intel machines with similar performance per CPU but
on those I had only one gigabit network interface and one squid.

- Dave