Re: [squid-users] Cache settings per User Agent?

From: howard chen <howachen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 23:02:21 +0800

Hello,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Henrik Nordstrom
<henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> Best done by the origin server using the Vary header and Cache-Control:
> max-age..

It can't, since it will confuse my squid to cache the page for normal
user. Is should not be cached for normal request. Robot don't need the
most updated result, don't need personalized contents etc.

I only want to cache, if and only if UA are robots. The squid will
block the request and the robots will not hit my backend.