Re: [squid-users] routing sqiud traffic through a second interface

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:02:08 -0300

Siju George escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I am running squid on an OpenBSD machine which has 3 interfaces.
> One for LAN and the other two for 2 internet connections.
> I would like to loadbalance the traffic comming from squid through the
> two internet connections.
> How can I acheive that?

    you can acchieve that using OpenBSD features for loadbalancing
links. squid doesnt need (and in fact simply dont know) if it's going
out on link1 or on link2 .... that's an OS problem, not squid one. You
can even force squid to go out with some specific address, using
tcp_outgoing_address in some specific situations. But that's not your case.

    If you want load balancing your links, you have to do that on your
SO, not on squid. Load balancing is more like a routing problem than a
squid problem. Squid doesnt route anything, so it cannot load balance links.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues