Re: [squid-users] Can someone help me block samba users at a particular time.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 01:15:59 +1300

Avinash Rao wrote:
> Dear Amos,
>
> I have managed to recompile squid with the basic auth helpers and
> proxy_auth without any errors.
>
> root_at_Studio-Server:~# /etc/init.d/squid reload
> * Reloading Squid configuration files
> FATAL: auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/bin/proxy_auth: (2)
> No such file or directory
> Squid Cache (Version 2.6.STABLE18): Terminated abnormally.
> CPU Usage: 0.039 seconds = 0.028 user + 0.011 sys
> Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
> Page faults with physical i/o: 0
> Aborted
>

> Here's what is happening. According to the wiki documentation, i have
> to add the auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/bin/ncsa_auth
> /usr/local/squid/etc/passwd
>
> If i am right, the basic program will be proxy_auth?
> Also, i don't find any files under /usr/local/squid/bin?

Neither does squid. thats why its dying.

The examples are based on defaults. If you had --prefix or any of the
other file control settings your helper may be elsewhere than the
default place.
Thing to do now is to find out where they installed too.

The configure option --libexecdir=/somewhere if it was set is the
directory.

The usual places are:
  /usr/local/squid/bin/
  /usr/local/bin/squid
  /usr/bin/squid
  /usr/bin/squid/bin

and also all the above with 'sbin' instead of just 'bin'.

Amos