Re: [squid-users] Can someone help me block samba users at a particular time.

From: Avinash Rao <avinash.aol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:06:32 +0530

Dear Amos,

I have managed to recompile squid with the basic auth helpers and
proxy_auth without any errors.

root_at_Studio-Server:~# /etc/init.d/squid reload
 * Reloading Squid configuration files
FATAL: auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/bin/proxy_auth: (2)
No such file or directory
Squid Cache (Version 2.6.STABLE18): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.039 seconds = 0.028 user + 0.011 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 0
Aborted

Here's what is happening. According to the wiki documentation, i have
to add the auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/bin/ncsa_auth
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd

If i am right, the basic program will be proxy_auth?
Also, i don't find any files under /usr/local/squid/bin?

wbinfo -a sscms\\root%password

plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS (0xc000005e)
error messsage was: No logon servers
Could not authenticate user sscms\root%solaris with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS (0xc000005e)
error messsage was: No logon servers
Could not authenticate user sscms\root with challenge/response

Regards,
Avinash