[squid-users] Ask: Squid for Windows configuration

From: Man'z <manz_2007_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 00:31:38 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,

I'm newbie in using squid, so have some questions want to ask here.

I'm already install squid for windows, and want to block some IP address to
access the internet even
browser setting for proxy is defined or not defined.

So, no interference with user setting, just when the client open the
browser,
and type the address, the browser directing to squid first.

I'm already setting for this, but still no lucky.
If browser is set to our squid ip, the acl is effective, otherwise the user
can access the internet.

for diagram :

[user/client(windows)] <--- [squid (only some ip, user+password authenticate
in active directory)] ---> [internet]

So, nobody can access internet before it pass to the squid.

Squid want to install in windows 2003 environment.

Thanks
Man'z