Re: [squid-users] Ask: Squid for Windows configuration

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:14:17 +0200

On ons, 2008-10-15 at 00:31 -0700, Man'z wrote:

> I'm already install squid for windows, and want to block some IP address to
> access the internet even
> browser setting for proxy is defined or not defined.

Squid can only control access while the browser is configured to use the
proxy.

For controlling access when the browser is not configured you need to
use firewalling, blocking outgoing traffic when not from the proxy.

Note: Configuration may be done automatic using WPAD with the help of
DHCP and DNS.