[squid-users] Re:How to increaswe the downloading capacity in my proxy server ?

From: <jmaan_at_nits.ac.in>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:14:53 -0400 (EDT)

This message has been scanned by IMSS NIT-Silchar

Dear All Squid USERS,

Of late it been realised that many users of our present facilty proxy
server are complaining that the net accessiblity (downloading speed) has
become slow.

A few weeks back no one felt so. What could be the possible reason for that ?

Which lines in the squid.conf is to be changed or checked to speed up the
net access speed ?

Please give me your ideas technically ?

For your information the the downloading speed of the internet link, is
2MB ps and the downloading capacity for each faculty is 100MM per 24
hours.

What should I do to increase the dowloading speed ?

Is it due to the low bandwidth that we are getting form the ISP (Internet
Service Provider) ?

Thanks,

jmaan