RE: [squid-users] Problems with downloads

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:08:10 +0200

On fre, 2008-10-24 at 08:31 -0500, Osmany Goderich wrote:

> It was the range_offset_limit -1 KB line that was not letting squid
> resume downloads. I set it back to 0KB as it is by default and
> woila!!! Everything back to normal!!

Good.

"range_offset_limit -1" says Squid should NEVER resume download, and
instead always download the complete file.

To use this you must also disable quick_abort, telling Squid to always
continue downloading the requested object when the client has
disconnected.

quick_abort_min -1 KB

But be warned that both these settings can cause Squid to waste
excessive amounts of bandwidth on data which will perhaps never be
requested by any client..

Also depending on the Squid version range_offset_limit -1 may result in
significant delays or even timeouts if the client requests a range far
into the requested file. Not sure what the status in Squid-3 is wrt
this.