Re: [squid-users] How do I configure Keepalive-Timeout?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:15:57 +0200

On fre, 2008-10-24 at 16:52 +0900, keisuke.hamanaka_at_uniadex.co.jp wrote:
> Hello,I have a question.
>
> I'd like to configure Keepalive-Timeout.
> But I can't find "Keepalive" section in the squid.conf file.
>
> Does "persistent_request_timeout"TAG mean "Keepalive-timeout"?

Yes. It sets the timeout for idle client connections. How long Squid
waits after the last received request before it closes the connection.

> If so, Can I choose "KeepAlive on" or "KeepAlive off " on each destination site?

No. It's global.

> And Can I choose "KeepAlive on " or "KeepAlive off " on clientside and serverside?

Yes. Both the on/off and timeout is separate for client and server.

client<->squid:

client_persistent_connections
persistent_request_timeout

squid<->server:

server_persistent_connections
pconn_timeout

These sets the upper limit as enforced by Squid. Clients and servers
also has their own settings which may further limit persistent
connection lifetime or use.