Re: [squid-users] Connection to webmail sites problem using more than one parent proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 16:36:56 +1300

Sergio wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>

> We have this scenario:
>
> We have proxy connected to internet trough 3 parent proxy
>
> [client]
> |

> [proxy]
> |

> +-----------------+---------------+
> | | |

> [parentproxy1],[parentproxy2],[parentproxy3]
>

> We have trouble with some webmail sites ( eg. mail.tiscali.it) that don't
> keep the connection on the session.
> We have this problem when the proxy establishes the connection using all the
> proxy serves.
> If we use only a proxy server as parent the session is not missed.
>
> This the localproxy configuration for the cache peers:
>
> cache_peer parentproxy1.mydomain.it parent 3128 3130
> cache_peer parentproxy2.mydomain.it parent 3128 3130
> cache_peer parentproxy3.mydomain.it parent 3128 3130
>
> we use squid 2.5 stable7 version for Windows.
> The parent proxies use squid 2.5 stable7 for windows as well and go out
> directly to Internet.
> How can we override this problem?
> Thank you in advance guys!
>

> Sergio
>

> Ps.
>
> We also contacted the Tiscali customer care, but they didn't give us any
> useful information!

Their systems are broken with the way they use HTTP. IP-based sessions
are decreasing rapidly in reliability and security, and will continue to
do so in future.

For your own workaround, you can setup ACL for them in your lower level
squid [proxy] so it only uses a certain parent proxy for certain sites.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.1