Re: [squid-users] Connection to webmail sites problem using more than one parent proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 16:39:32 +1300

Sergio wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>

> We have this scenario:
>
> We have proxy connected to internet trough 3 parent proxy
>
> [client]
> |

> [proxy]
> |

> +-----------------+---------------+
> | | |

> [parentproxy1],[parentproxy2],[parentproxy3]
>

> We have trouble with some webmail sites ( eg. mail.tiscali.it) that don't
> keep the connection on the session.
> We have this problem when the proxy establishes the connection using all the
> proxy serves.
> If we use only a proxy server as parent the session is not missed.
>
> This the localproxy configuration for the cache peers:
>
> cache_peer parentproxy1.mydomain.it parent 3128 3130
> cache_peer parentproxy2.mydomain.it parent 3128 3130
> cache_peer parentproxy3.mydomain.it parent 3128 3130
>
> we use squid 2.5 stable7 version for Windows.
> The parent proxies use squid 2.5 stable7 for windows as well and go out
> directly to Internet.
> How can we override this problem?
> Thank you in advance guys!
>

> Sergio
>

> Ps.
>
> We also contacted the Tiscali customer care, but they didn't give us any
> useful information!

Forgot to mention in my earlier reply.
If you upgrade to current squid the srchash peering algorithm is
available to ensure that all requests from a given client IP go through
a certain parent. This is hash balanced across all the active parents
and handles parents proxies going up/down without breaking client access.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.1