Re: [squid-users] squid accelerator always requests peer to refresh

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 23:57:48 +1300

Daniel Vollbrecht wrote:
> I configured Squid (3.0 STABLE7) in web accelerator mode to speed up a slow dynamic website.
>
> Now all img and css files are completely served by squid. They don't show up on the slow machine 10.1.1.2. But the dynamic content itself always (page reload, other clients) leds to a request to the slow machine:
>
> --- 8< ---
> 1225483916.728 444 10.1.1.254 TCP_REFRESH_MODIFIED/200 8889 GET http://www.mydomain.de/test.html - FIRST_UP_PARENT/10.1.1.2 text/html
> 1225483917.113 0 10.1.1.254 TCP_IMS_HIT/304 283 GET http://www.mydomain.de/img/pic.gif - NONE/- image/gif
> --- >8 ---
>
> Even with all the http-standard violating options for refresh_pattern that I used (config see below).
>
> The expected result should be that the slow machine only receives requests once within 30 min. Is something wrong in my config or what is your suggestion?

Are the dynamically generated pages given proper expiry information?
(Expires: or Cache-Control: headers)

What the TCP_REFRESH_MODIFIED means is that a IMS request was sent to
verify the data, but the server returned a full object with changes
instead of a 304.

You are testing by using the force reload button on the browser right?
Thats sending a must-revalidate request through to Squid which triggers
an IMS.

Amos

--
Please be using