[squid-users] R: [squid-users] Connection to webmail sitesproblem using more than one parent proxy

From: Sergio <ser.marchi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 12:42:26 +0100

Hi Henrik, hi Amos

Now with the last configuration it seems the sourcehas is working corectly.

So this is the final configuration
cache_peer myparentproxy1.dipvvf.it parent 3128 3130 sourcehash no-query
cache_peer myparentproxy2.dipvvf.it parent 3128 3130 sourcehash no-query
cache_peer myparentproxy3.dipvvf.it parent 3128 3130 sourcehash no-query

I still have some questions for you,

1. In which way does the roundroubin with sourcehash work? I have noted the
first client requests are sent to the first parentproxy, only after some
client requests are established with the first, the new ones are sent to the
second and finally to the third. Is it possible to distribute the
connections to the parents equally based on the client request? E.g. the
request of first client send to the first parentproxy, the request of the
second client to the second parent proxy, the request of the third client to
the third parent proxy, the request of the fourth client to the first parent
proxy, the request of the fifth client to the second parent proxy and go on…

2. Does sourcehash work only with no-query option? The no-query option
disable the icp protocol, doesn’t it?

Thank you in advance,

Sergio