[squid-users] very basic question on enforcing use of proxy

From: qqq1one _at_yahoo.com <_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 21:58:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have a very basic question. I don't even know what to search on for this question. I have squid installed and running, but my browser can freely get out to the internet without going through the proxy. I know about specifying the proxy in the browser, but what prevents an unconfigured browser from going straight out to the internet? Is a firewall the only way to prevent this?

Thanks in advance.