[squid-users] use squid with nginx, running out of connections?

From: Jianing Hu <jianing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:58:45 -0800

We have a setup where nginx is used as a load balancer for a squid
backend in accelerator mode, and nginx is getting timeout trying to
connect to squid. Although at any time nginx only has a couple of
hundred connections open to the squid server, the squid server has
over 10k tcp connection to the nginx server in TIME_WAIT state. The
squid error log also shows frequent "TCP connection failed" error for
peers and parents, which makes me think it's running out of
connections. The system message log doesn't show any error. Can anyone
shed a light on where I should look at?
software versions: CentOS 5.2, squid 2.6 stable 11, nginx 0.6.32

Thanks a bunch.