RE: [squid-users] NTLM auth popup boxes && Solaris 8 tuning for upgrade into 2.7.4

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:24:38 +0100

On ons, 2008-11-19 at 19:39 +0100, vincent.blondel_at_ing.be wrote:

> >>auth_param ntlm ttl
> >
> >do you advice using it because I do not find any reference on it on
> squid configuration guide website.
> >

> you spoke about ttl parameter .. do you advice using it ??

Not sure who spoke about an auth_param ntlm ttl parameter, but there is
no such parameter.

The ntlm scheme only has three parameters

  program

  children

  keep_alive

there the first (program) specifies the helper to use, the second
(children) needs to be tuned to at least fit your load or there will be
issues with rejected access or sporatic authentication prompts, and the
third is a minor optimization.