RE: [squid-users] NTLM auth popup boxes && Solaris 8 tuning for upgrade into 2.7.4

From: <vincent.blondel_at_ing.be>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:29:54 +0100

>> >do you advice using it because I do not find any reference on it on
>> squid configuration guide website.
>> >

>> you spoke about ttl parameter .. do you advice using it ??
>
>Not sure who spoke about an auth_param ntlm ttl parameter, but there is
>no such parameter.
>
>The ntlm scheme only has three parameters
>
> program
>
> children
>
> keep_alive
>
>there the first (program) specifies the helper to use, the second
>(children) needs to be tuned to at least fit your load or there will be
>issues with rejected access or sporatic authentication prompts, and the
>third is a minor optimization.

okay but I already get 128 ntlm_auth processes running .. is this enough
for a load of 250 req/sec ??

on the other hand, and this is also the meaning of this conversation, it
seems this popup box not always come with some load issues but can
happen for other reasons I totally ignore .. and the way to troubleshoot
this really ?

>Regards
>Henrik
ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.