[squid-users] Squid very slow

From: Wilson Hernandez - MSD, S. A. <wh_at_msdrd.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:06:38 -0400

I am running Nocat with along with squid3 and I am experiencing some
problems:

Sometimes everything works fine but, sometimes the system is extremely
slow and I get the following error on browser:

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://us.mc625.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showFolder;_ylt=ArsEohpYUGGoVGGsFGqujqJjk70X?

The following error was encountered:

    Unable to determine IP address from host name for us.mc625.mail.yahoo.com

The dnsserver returned:

    Refused: The name server refuses to perform the specified operation.

This means that:

 The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
 Check if the address is correct.

Your cache administrator is wh_at_msdrd.com.
Generated Thu, 20 Nov 2008 01:07:31 GMT by localhost (squid/3.0.PRE5)

------

I added my dns servers to the squid.conf with the dns_nameservers ....