[squid-users] Can I Force Connections To All or Some Sites To Traverse using HTTP 1.1?

From: <wiskbroom_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:57:17 -0500

Greetings;

I have a proxy-to-proxy setup (without ICP) and it is working wonderfully with the exception of cases whereby IE users attempt to connect to a remote Citrix server. The odd thing is that the errors encountered do not seem to happen at all when users use Firefox.

When IE initiates traffic to the Citrix site, it uses HTTP 1.0, somewhere along the way, the Citrix site (or other Proxy, which I have no control nor ability to see into) returns HTTP 1.1 traffic. At this point, the 1.1 trafic arrives back to my proxy, converting it back to the original HTTP 1.0 format before it passes the traffic back to IE user.

So it appears that my Squid proxy tries to convert to HTTP 1.0, but only for IE sessions as Firefox users never have these issues, also Firefox uses 1.1 anyhow, thus not requiring any conversions.

Any thoughts? Is there any way to force or preserve the HTTP protocol version to 1.1 on all connections, or preferably on a destination basis?

Thanks all,

.vp