Re: [squid-users] Can I Force Connections To All or Some Sites To Traverse using HTTP 1.1?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:59:19 +0100

On 26.11.08 10:57, wiskbroom_at_hotmail.com wrote:

Please set up your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.

> I have a proxy-to-proxy setup (without ICP) and it is working wonderfully
> with the exception of cases whereby IE users attempt to connect to a
> remote Citrix server. The odd thing is that the errors encountered do not
> seem to happen at all when users use Firefox.
>
> When IE initiates traffic to the Citrix site, it uses HTTP 1.0, somewhere
> along the way, the Citrix site (or other Proxy, which I have no control
> nor ability to see into) returns HTTP 1.1 traffic. At this point, the 1.1
> trafic arrives back to my proxy, converting it back to the original HTTP
> 1.0 format before it passes the traffic back to IE user.

Server must not return HTTP/1.1 traffic for HTTP/1.0 request. If it does,
it's broken.

> So it appears that my Squid proxy tries to convert to HTTP 1.0, but only
> for IE sessions as Firefox users never have these issues, also Firefox
> uses 1.1 anyhow, thus not requiring any conversions.
>
> Any thoughts? Is there any way to force or preserve the HTTP protocol
> version to 1.1 on all connections, or preferably on a destination basis?

Squid is not HTTP/1.1 server, it's only HTTP/1.0. So, it does not convert
HTTP/1.1 requests.

Remember half the people you know are below average.