RE: [squid-users] Can squid acted as a application SSL proxy

From:  <chunli5ren_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:52:28 +0800

Thanks for your reply.

> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:19:36 +1300
> From: squid3_at_treenet.co.nz
> To: chunli5ren_at_hotmail.com
> CC: uhlar_at_fantomas.sk; squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Can squid acted as a application SSL proxy
>
>  wrote:
>> Thanks for you help.
>> But I am sorry you may mistook my meaning entirely.
>> I do not need the http proxy and cache functionality of squid.
>> I just wander that if the squid can receive the client SSL connetion( or packages)
>> , decode it and tranfer the data with no SSL to the server as a transparent layer.
>> squid using SSL may be like this:
>> --------
>> http data
>> --------
>> SSL
>> --------
>> TCP/IP
>> --------
>> But I wonder if the squid can act like this
>> --------
>> my application data
>> --------
>> SSL
>> --------
>> TCP/IP
>> --------
>> Thanks very much.
>> yours,
>> Pickup.Li
>>

> You seem to misunderstand the network layering concept.
>
> You want something that connects to clients using HTTPS (HTTP/SSL) and
> connects them to your application using plain HTTP?
>
> The name for such configuration is "reverse proxy".
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy
>
> Only the front listening port is configured with https_port instead of
> http_port.

Yes. I want to build ReverseProxy of squid.
And I have manage to build it with "https_port" in my environment.
But my client is not web explorer but a application.

> caching is optional.
>
> The action of wrapping/unwrapping SSL requires proxy of some type,
> sometimes called tunnel agents.

Yes. You get it. I just want the "wrapping/unwrapping SSL requires proxy"
and wander if squid can be configuratured as it.
if any other exist open source project major in it, Please let me know.
I am very appreciated for your help.

> Amos
>

>>> Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:54:08 +0100
>>> From: uhlar_at_fantomas.sk
>>> To: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
>>> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Can squid acted as a application SSL proxy
>>>
>>> On 27.11.08 09:45,  wrote:
>>>
>>> Please configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.

>>> Yes, that's what https_port is for. Just properly configure squid as reverse
>>> proxy.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
>>> Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
>>> Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu.
>>> I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
>> °ֻMSN¹ܣ飡Ķ
>> http://mobile.msn.com.cn
>

> --
> Please be using
> Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE5 or 3.0.STABLE10
> Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.2
MSNѰÿInϢѶȵһ࣡
 http://top.msn.com.cn