Re: [squid-users] NTLM Password Cache on Squid ?

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 15:39:17 -0200

Jakob Curdes escreveu:

>> - When we change a password on the Active Directory,
>> squid don't see the change before a lot of hours ...
> That is an AD "feature". If you use AD groups, you can take somebody
> out of the group and AD will happily repsond that the user is a group
> member for several hours. You can easily check the AD answer using the
> squid auth helper. Probably this can be configured on the AD side but
> I am not an AD freak so I cannot help there.

    squid has all the caching mechanisms too.

    check your TTL parameters on your squid authentication mechanism.
For example:

auth_param basic credentialsttl 300 seconds

or

external_acl_type ldap_group ttl=300 %LOGIN

    Those parameters can make squid 'thinks' a password is OK when it
was changed, as well as believe a user is member of a group when it's
not anymore.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues