Re: [squid-users] Sending mail through port 80

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 01:24:53 +1300

wh_at_msdrd.com wrote:
> Hello.
>
> My ISP SMTP server accepts connections to port 80 instead of 25. I am
> unable to send mail using this server from the LAN because squid catches
>
> all the traffic through port 80. How can I tell squid to ignore or not
> cache connections to that server? Would that still work?
>
> Thank you in advanced for your help.

Once the connections reach squid its far too late to ignore them.

Your ISP is offering severely broken service and needs a good yelling
at. Providing a public service over port-80 is downright foolish.

There are several different ranges of port available (25, 587-589, and
15**) for SMTP servers under various scenarios and security needs.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.2