Re: [squid-users] Sending mail through port 80

From: Mike Rambo <mrambo_at_lsd.k12.mi.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:29:29 -0500

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 14:17:39 -0700
wh_at_msdrd.com wrote:

> Hello.
>
> My ISP SMTP server accepts connections to port 80 instead of 25. I am
> unable to send mail using this server from the LAN because squid
> catches
>
> all the traffic through port 80. How can I tell squid to ignore or
> not cache connections to that server? Would that still work?
>
> Thank you in advanced for your help.

I'd use a firewall rule to send traffic to your ISP SMTP server direct
and not to squid at all.

I guess you could also use a no_cache directive on squid itself to
prevent caching of traffic to your ISP but IMO the firewall rule is
what I would probably prefer.

--
Mike Rambo
Life takes a bit of time and a lot of relationship.