Re: [squid-users] changing time in squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 01:35:12 +1300

Sameer Shinde wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've Squid 3.0 stable 1 server running on Ubuntu server in our netowrk.
> We've changed the ubuntu server's time as per our local timings i.e. UTC+5.30 But the same is not reflecting
> in squid proxy. Proxy is picking up only UTC timings which We want to change to UTC+5.30.

Please upgrade your Squid. The early 3.0 stables had a great many issues
which are now resolved. Newer packages are readily available for Ubuntu.

> I was reading some documentation for that in squid readme & on google, but couldn't get the much info on
> how to change the time set.
>
> I'm sure this is a quite common problem everyone must be facing, as everyone would like to change the timings
> as per their local time servers. But I couldn't get enough information on this.
>
> Quite strange...... or am I missing something?

Squid logs in GMT as required by RFC.

To log with non-standard local timestamps you will need to define your
own log format with the %tl tag.
   http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/logformat/

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.2 or 3.0.STABLE11-RC1