Re: [squid-users] Number of Spindles

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 13:32:27 -0500

Things have changed somewhat since that algorithm was decided upon.

Directory searches were linear and the amount of buffer cache /
directory name cache available wasn't huge.

Having large directories took time to search and took RAM to cache.

Noone's really sat down and done any hard-core tuning - or at least,
they've done it, but haven't published the results anywhere. :)

Adrian