Re: [squid-users] How to interrupt ongoing transfers?

From: Kaustav Dey Biswas <kaustav_deybiswas_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 00:31:23 +0530 (IST)

Hi Adrian, Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. Actually, I need to implement the quota system as a part of my final year Engineering project. I am planning to make it as a sort of an add-on package over Squid, which will be compatible with all current versions of Squid. As you can see, modifying the Squid source code is not an option for me. Please let me know if there is any way (or workaround) by which I can interrupt ongoing transfers in current versions of Squid without having to patch & rebuild it. Thanks & Regards, Kaustav ----- Original Message ---- From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@squid-cache.org> To: Kaustav Dey Biswas <kaustav_deybiswas@yahoo.co.in> Cc: Squid <squid-users@squid-cache.org> Sent: Saturday, 6 December, 2008 12:28:10 AM Subject: Re: [squid-users] How to interrupt ongoing transfers? Someone may beat me to this, but I'm actually proposing a quote to a company to implement quota services in Squid to support stuff just like what you've asked for. I'll keep the list posted about this. Hopefully I'll get the green light in a week or so and can begin work on implementing the functionality in Squid-2. Thanks, Adrian 2008/12/5 Kaustav Dey Biswas <kaustav_deybiswas@yahoo.co.in>: > Hi, > > I am a squid newbie. I am trying to set up daily download quotas for NCSA authorized users. I have a daemon running which checks the log files, and whnever the download limit is reached (for a particular user), it blocks that user in the config and reconfigures squid (squid -k reconfigure) for the changes to take effect. > > The problem is, if an http/ftp transfer is on (for that user), the changes made in the config doesnt take effect until that transfer session completes. > > Is there any way I can interrupt the transfer somehow (or say, force squid to re-read its ACL) without affecting sessions of other users? > > Thanks & Regards, > Kaustav Dey Biswas Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/