[squid-users] SQUID and Checkpoint UTM problem

From: Jérôme Sitz <jsitz_at_sitz.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 10:48:38 +0100

Dear Support Team,

I have a Checkpoint Firewall UTM 270 with Web
Filtering function. I have a LAN, DMZ and WAN. In my DMZ I have a SQUID
Proxy Server (Squid 2.6 delivered with CentOS 5.2) with Dansguardian (Web Filtering and user group based
filtering program) installed. Before I had a Juniper Firewall without
Web Filtering function with the same Proxy Server config. My problem is
that now with Checkpoint I must add the IP address of my firewall in
the ACL's of the proxy server to accessed the internet and in my log
files I only can see the firewall's IP address and not my users IP
address. I did monitoring with Squid. Can someone help me? Thanks.

PS:
I did buy this firewall because my reseller told me that this firewall
have proxy function with Active Directory connection and user group
based web filtering. Now that I had this firewall I see that it didn't
make AD connection neighter user group based web filtering. I hoped to
remove the Proxy Server and now I must keept it.

Kind regards