[squid-users] Problem with Squid 3 and secure web sites

From: Sean Eckton <rseckton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:33:20 -0800

We are currently using Squid 3 3.0.STABLE9-6.1 on SuSE Linux
Enterprise Server 10 SP1 (latest version I could find built on
opensuse.org for SLES). The problem we're having is that some web
sites either don't work or are so slow they're unusable. One web site
we're accessing has a web page that never seems to load. I can hit
stop in IE and the web page comes up but isn't complete. If we bypass
the proxy the web pages come up in less than a second. Through the
proxy we finally hit the stop button in IE after waiting more than 30
seconds.

We see the following in the access log:

08/Dec/2008:08:27:58 5451 <ip addr deleted> TCP_MISS/200 4514

We are using identd on workstations for user identification.

Has anyone seen this kind of thing happen? It doesn't happen to all web sites.